When you have little one’s, you want to keep a consent eye on their every movement, especially when they are sleeping. For me, that is one reason that Princess P still sleeps with us. I hate the thought of her on the other side of the house all night and not being able to see whether she is okay or not. That is why I was so excited to have the chance to review the True View Color Video Monitor from Safety 1st!
The Safety 1st True View Color Video Monitor allows parents to monitor their little one’s movements from up to 350 feet away, indoors or out. The handy parent unit is portable, rechargeable and features a 2 inch screen for a clear, true-to-life view of their baby. For daytime (color) and nighttime (black and white) viewing, the units adjust so that you can have a clear look into your baby’s nursery at all times. Plus, the baby unit can be wall mounted for a better view.
Since the True View Color Video Monitor from Safety 1st uses a digital dedicated signal, you can rest assured that you, and only you, get to hear and see more from your little one’s nursery. Aside from providing a private connection between the parent and baby units, digital signals are cleaner, leaving less room for static to sneak in. The Safety 1st True View Color Video Monitor lets you feel like you’re in the room with baby!
Just to see how far it would reach before the signal went out, I took the parent unit outside and walked around our yard. I was able to reach our vehicles and outside building without a problem, which means I can do work outside while P is napping and not have to constantly go in and check on her. The far reaching signal is also great since P’s room is on the opposite side of the house than ours.
Features of the True View Color Video Monitor at a glance:
- 2.4 GHz digital frequency for exceptional clarity and ensured privacy
- 2.0 inch screen for clear, true-to-life view
- Full color day viewing
- Auto black-and-white night viewing
- Sound lights display
- 1-button adjustment of volume and brightness
- Link icon to confirm range/reception
- Rechargeable battery
- Video on/off option
- Low battery icon
- Stable base for tabletop viewing
- Belt clip for portable convenience
- 350 foot range
- Auto infrared vision for night or darkened rooms
- Power on/off indicator
- Tabletop or wall mount positioning
- Battery option to move with baby
While there are many things that I love about the True View Color Video Monitor, there are some things that I think can be approved upon. Firstly, the base on the parent unit is rather small, which means the slightest bump or breeze will knock it over. I usually have it leaned up against something to prevent it from falling over. However, this is totally not a deal breaker!
Another thing that I have noticed with constant use, is the battery life. Even after I have the parent unit plugged in for 12+ hours, the video life only lasts about 2-4 hours. For me, I don’t have a problem with that because when I am in one room for more than a couple of minutes, I have the unit plugged in. But, I could see that being a slight problem for parents that want to work outdoors or are moving from room to room cleaning.
Buy It: The True View Color Video Monitor is available for purchase at safety1st.com for $179.99
To Enter: Visit Safety 1st and leave a comment with another product that you would like to have. Please leave your email address in the comment or make sure it is visible in your profile.
1. Grab my button. Leave an address where it can be found.
2. Subscribe to my feed. Must be verified to count.
3. Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
4. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a separate comment on which one(s).
5. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway using the text below. You can tweet once daily for an extra entry each day.
Enter to win a @Safety_1st True View Color Video Monitor during the #ohbabyevent @PieceOfMeBlog http://bit.ly/jqVtVP
6. Follow Safety 1st on Twitter
7. Add the “Oh, Baby!” button to your sidebar. Leave an address where it can be found.
8. 1 Extra Entry if you placed the “Oh, Baby!” button on your sidebar before the start of the event and left a comment on the event announcement post.
9. 2 Extra Entries if you like Safety 1st on Facebook
10. 5 Extra Entries if you blog about this giveaway. Please leave an address where it can be found.
Giveaway will end on May 16th at 11:59pm ET. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced here as well as emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to US residents.
A big thank you to Safety 1st for this review and giveaway opportunity!
This review is based strictly my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. I was provided the monitor free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type compensation was received for this review.