When I became a military wife, I was made aware of many things that I wouldn’t have normally payed attention to. For instance, I was instructed not wash C’s uniforms in laundry detergent that contained optical brighteners. (I remember going into the laundromat on base for the first time and seeing a big sign on the wall that said “Do not wash uniforms in laundry detergent with optical brighteners.” and thinking that it must have something to do with material the uniforms are made of. Little did I know it was much more than that!)
Detergents with optical brighteners are banned from use on uniforms because optical brighteners can strip the uniforms of pesticide additives and they can decrease the efficacy of the fabric and its design to inhibit visuals under thermal imaging, infra red and night vision.
Recently, I was invited by MyBlogSpark to take part in an experiment to see the difference between my current laundry detergent and Seventh Generation detergent (which is free of optical brighteners).
In addition to being free of optical brighteners, Seventh Generation products are plant-bashed, non-toxic and free of phosphates. They are also both hypo-allergenic and biodegradable.
Coupon: Click here to save a $1 on the purchase of any Seventh Generation laundry product.
To Enter: Leave a comment on what laundry detergent you are currently using. Please leave your email address in the comment or make sure it is visible in your profile.
1. Grab my button. Leave an address where it can be found.
2. Subscribe to my feed. Must be verified to count.
3. Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
4. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a separate comment on which one(s).
5. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway using the text below. You can tweet once daily for an extra entry each day.
Win a set of @SeventhGen Laundry Products @PieceOfMeBlog! Giveaway ends 1/28 http://bit.ly/f6QM9J #myblogspark
6. Follow Seventh Generation on Twitter.
7. 2 Extra Entries if you “like” Seventh Generation on Facebook.
8. 5 Extra Entries if you blog about this giveaway. Please leave an address where it can be found.
Giveaway will end on January 28th at 11:59pm ET. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced here as well as emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to US residents.
This review is based strictly my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. I was provided Seventh Generation Experiment Kit through MyBlogSpark free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type compensation was received for this review.