When I was younger, my cousins and I spent all of our time outside during the summer. We climbed trees, had tea parties under laurel bushes and caught lightning bugs until we were forced to go inside. But now days, kids prefer to sit in front of the t.v. playing video games or on the computer checking their Facebook account for hours on end. What happened to the fun and creativity that the open outdoors can bring? That is why I love the items that Hearthsong has to offer.
Hearthsong is a company that is committed to helping parents follow their instincts and provide their children with age-appropriate, wholesome, quality playthings. Since its beginning in 1983, HearthSong has believed that childhood is a vital chapter in life – a special time when children can be occupied with the joy of being children. And, equally importantly, a time when children need to experience as much creative, imaginative play as possible because kids experience so many of life’s first lessons through play.
In hopes of sparking Princess P’s imagination (that’s not a hard thing to do with a two year old), Hearthsong sent us the Cottage Playhouse to review. When it arrived, I was kind of taken aback by the size of the package. Assuming it was going to be smaller than I initially thought, I decided to set it up in the Princess P’s bedroom just to see what it looked like.
The outside of the playhouse is simply adorable and I love the colors. The front features two windows that roll-up, a zippered door for added privacy and a mesh sky-light. On either side, there is a roll-up window and a mesh eave for ventilation and additional light. The back of the playhouse also features two windows and a round ground-level port hole that can be used as a dog hole or as a place to connect a tunnel.
The Cottage Playhouse from Hearthsong can be used outdoors and then easily disassembled when it’s time to come in. Or, if you prefer, it can be used inside for the perfect little hideout. Princess P could spend all day in the playhouse with her baby dolls and other toys if I let her. And when other children come to visit, it is the first thing they run to. In fact, when my nieces and nephews were in town, they made a palette in the floor and slept in it!
Buy it: You can find the Cottage Playhouse on the Hearthsong website for $79.98
To Enter: Visit the Hearthsong website and tell me another item that is sure to spark the imagination of your child (or niece, nephew, etc.). Please leave your email address in the comment or make sure it is visible in your profile.
1. Grab my button. Leave an address where it can be found.
2. Subscribe to my feed. Must be verified to count.
3. Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
4. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a separate comment on which one(s).
5. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway using the text below. You can tweet once daily for an extra entry each day.
Win a Hearthsong Cottage Playhouse during the #summersizzle Event @PieceOfMeBlog! Ends 7/23 http://bit.ly/aDVApP
6. Add the Summer Sizzle Event button to your sidebar. Leave an address where it can be found.
7. 1 Extra Entry if you enter Sarah’s Britax Giveaway.
8. 1 Extra Entry if you placed the Summer Sizzle Event button on your sidebar before the start of the event and left a comment on the event announcement post.
9. 2 Extra Entries if you “like” Hearthsong on Facebook. Please leave your Facebook name.
10. 5 Extra Entries if you blog about this giveaway. Please leave an address where it can be found.
Giveaway will end on July 23rd at 11:59pm ET. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced here as well as emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to US and Canada.
A big thank you to Hearthsong for this review and giveaway opportunity!
This review is based strictly my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. Hearthsong provided the Cottage Playhouse free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type compensation was received for this review.