As a parent, I always want what is best for my daughter and I believe that the clothing she wears in no exception. That is why I always try to keep an eye out for items that are made of organic materials when shopping for her clothing. I was recently introduced to barley & birch and fell in love with the clothing and the idea behind it.
barley & birch first opened their doors for business in January 2009. From day one, they have remained focused on maintaining the highest environmental and social standards in the industry. Created to help make a difference, barley & birch gives parents and children the safest and most environmentally friendly clothing possible. Each item is made with only certified organic cotton and water-based inks, so the air and water is not polluted with chemicals. They are also largely paper free and any paper that is involved with the line is 100% post-consumer recycled. barley & birch goes beyond the level of convenience to be fair to the planet and to their customers.
In addition to being environmentally friend, barley & birch gives 15% of their profits to a variety of organizations working all over the world to improve the lives of others. They fund everything from educating rural farmers on sustainable agriculture to providing shelter to victims of abuse.
Princess P was lucky enough to receive the chainlink tee from barley & birch to review. When the tee arrived I could not believe how incredibly soft it was. Made from 100% certified organic cotton, the chainlink tee is printed with toxin-free, water-based inks and is available in a variety of sizes. The colors on the tee are very vibrant and do not fade when washed. The tee’s design is very original and unlike any other I have seen on children’s clothing before. I do have to admit, though, it is a welcome change to Princess P’s pastel colored wardrobe.
Buy it: You can find the chainlink tee at a variety of online stores listed on the barley & birch website. But coming soon, you will be able to shop directly at barleyandbirch.com!
To Enter: You must visit barley & birch, view their Spring 2010 catalog and tell me which tee you would choose if you were the lucky winner. Please leave your email address in the comment or make sure it is visible in your profile.
1. Grab my button. Leave an address where it can be found.
2. Subscribe to my feed. Must be verified to count.
3. Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
4. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a comment on which one(s).
5. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway using the text below. You can tweet once daily for an extra entry each day.
Celebrate spring in style by entering to win a @barleyandbirch tee of your choice @PieceOfMeBlog! http://bit.ly/990kBZ
6. Follow barely & birch on Twitter.
7. Add the Springtime Celebration button to your sidebar. Leave an address where it can be found.
8. 1 Extra Entry if you placed the Springtime Celebration button on your sidebar before the start of the event and left a comment on the event announcement post.
9. 2 Extra Entries if you “like” barley & birch on Facebook.
10. 5 Extra Entries if you blog about this giveaway. Please leave an address where it can be found.
Giveaway will end on June 1st at 11:59pm ET. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced here as well as emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to US residents.
A big thank you to barley & birch for this review and giveaway opportunity!
This review is based strictly my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. barley & birch provided the tee free of charge and I provided my honest opinion. No other type compensation was received for this review.