It is fall and that means the cold and flu season is upon us. With all the extra threats this year I am not taking any chances when it comes to germs. That is why you will find Lysol Disinfectant Spray and Wipes under my kitchen sink and in both the downstairs and upstairs bathrooms. Hey, you can never be protected enough with a toddler around.
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes:
For use in your kitchen, bathroom and all over the house to protect your family, LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes 4in1 with Micro-Lock™ are the convenient way to clean and disinfect your
household surfaces. Each pre-moistened disposable wipe kills 99.9% of germs — even the bacteria that cause odors — where you use it. No bottles, no sponges, no mess.
I have loved Lysol Disinfecting Wipes since I moved into my first apartment. I used them to clean my bathrooms almost daily. Now, that I have Princess P I use them to clean everything! They work perfect on the kitchen and bathroom counters, all the sinks, and the outside of the commodes. I even use them to wipe down the outside of the trash can. Little hands touch almost everything so you can never be protected enough. Another reason I love the Lysol Disinfecting Wipes so much is the convince factor, like I said little hand touch almost everything.
Lysol Disinfectant Spray:
LYSOL Disinfectant Spray is an EPA registered disinfectant that kills more than 99.9% of illness causing bacteria and viruses including H1N1, the common cold and staph MRSA. Unlike other sanitizing products which only kill bacteria on hard surfaces, LYSOL Disinfectant Spray is also approved to kill 99.9% of illness-causing bacteria on soft surfaces. It even works to control the growth of mold and mildew, among the most common type of allergens, on surfaces you seldom think of like plastic shower curtains.
I have always kept a can of Lysol Disinfectant Spray handy as well. It is a definite must in bathrooms not just for its disinfecting properties but because it works well on some not so pleasant odors. I also use Lysol Disinfectant Spray on doorknobs, P’s diaper pail (to also help with the odor) and on the inside of the trash cans.
Also, with kids back in school that means more and more germs. The Lysol brand has teamed up with Dr. Laura Jana, a pediatrician, mother of three school aged-children and owner of an educational daycare center. Here are some of her tips to help moms prepare their children for a healthy school-year.
- The Health administration is predicting a very serious cold and flu season, so teach your children about healthy hygiene habits before they go back to school and get exposed to classroom germs, like MRSA or H1N1 virus. Check out the new educational Web Site for kids, developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at www.oopkids.com. This kid-friendly Web site is designed to educate children about healthy hygiene habits and safety routines.
- Send school germs packing by encouraging your children to drop their book bags, take off their shoes and leave their coats at the door when they walk in. Send them straight to the sink to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice!) while you spray their bags with Lysol Disinfectant Spray to help kill bacteria they may have picked up from the school bus, the playground or the classroom.
To Enter: Let me know why you would like to win this giveaway.
Please leave an email address. I have to have a way to contact the winner.
1. Grab my button. Leave an address where it can be found.
2. Subscribe to my feed. Must be verified to count.
3. Follow me on blogger or twitter. Or both!
4. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a comment on which one(s).
5. Tweet about this giveaway using @PieceOfMeBlog in your tweet so I can see it. You can tweet once daily for an extra entry each day.
6. 5 Extra Entries if you blog about this giveaway. Please leave an address where it can be found.
Please leave a separate comment for each entry. If you blog about this giveaway please leave 5 separate comments.
Giveaway will end on October 24th at 11:59pm ET. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced here as well as emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to US residents.
A big thank you to Lysol for this review and giveaway opportunity.
This review is based strictly my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. Lysol provided the spray and wipes and I provided my honest opinion. No other type compensation was received for this review.